Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chapter 3: Whistle While You Work

74 Days until check in at my dream home for 8 months.

I have started making lists, phone calls, and filling out paperwork for my departure. Then it hit me...I leave in 74 days. Many people have responded to my moving day by saying things like, "Oh May! That's still far away! You have plenty of time!" To these people I respond, I really don't. Not when you think about everything there is to be done while working and taking a full load of classes.

My first daunting task was to get school taken care of. Will I be taking an academic break for a semester or will they make me continue classes to keep my scholarship? We're still in waiting for the answer to that question. I'm pulling for the academic break. Prayers appreciated.

Next, I needed to prepare my room and get things together to move. Seeing as how I haven't really cleaned out my room in a couple of years...this was going to be an adventure. This room cleansing is way overdue. The pack rat gene has begun to kick in and I'm not okay with that. I decided for moving and spiritual (material clutter) reasons, I would get rid of nearly everything.

8 boxes later, my clothes have been gone through, organized, and cleaned out. How did I have the room for 8 boxes worth of clothing plus the small amount I now own? Oh, the great mysteries of a girl's closet. Tomorrow starts the de-clutter process of the cleaning adventure.

The entire time I'm working I'm singing along with the Disney Pandora station until "Happy Working Song" from Enchanted comes on. I had forgotten how amazing that movie and soundtrack is. This song is my cleaning theme song from now on.

I have several lists with many things to do or get on each one before May 21. While feeling slightly overwhelmed, I have a basic game plan started and feel good about the progress made so far. I've always worked for my dreams, I'm not going to stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment